Friday, October 1, 2010

Blue Collar Duke

Here are some pics of BLUE COLLAR DUKE,  He is out of my D litter out of VC BLUE COLLAR ASIA x VC Heildwolf BENELLI, as it turned out,  because the owner had some conflicts on picking him up, I kept the pup until the pup was just shy of 16 weeks.  Duke went home after the test.  The pup got a lot of my attention, we played games every night.  Because I was running a NAVHDA test  in Sept , I entered him.  Anyway at 3 months I knew he would have a hard time passing the search segment of the test.  He ended up getting a 2 in search but ended up getting a Prz III 93 points.  I was thrilled.  He tracked a pheasant down on the track and pointed it,  he found two chuckers in the field and pointed them  and he also swam.  His scores were:  Pointing 4,  Use of nose 4,  Tracking 4, Search 2 , Water 3,  Desire to work 3,  and Obedience 4.  


I don’t recommend testing this young but I knew the dog would point, swim,  and track.  I ‘m  moving to SD and I had him out there the week before the Utah test , I saw him point and track wild pheasants.