Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm So Proud Of These Pups!

I had Blue Collar Duke (pup from Asia, whelped May 15th) out the other morning, I now have him pointing pigeons in traps. He held his point for the longest time I have never seen a pup this young hold a point that long. He pointed at least 30 yards out  in has an incredible nose he smells the birds at a long distance.  When I get him back in South Dakota,  I will have him on wild birds everyday.. 
If you look close at the pics of Duke, as he held his point he was actually drooling, holding his head high sucking up the scent but he would not break, he even let me get in front of him today as I kicked  at the trap I released it but he never broke until the flush...This is a amazing what the pup is doing at 13 weeks, he points and holds birds, tracks 40 yards with a scented bumper and retrieves to hand.  He loves to swim and he retrieves to hand out of water.  He is a great little swimmer.  He also has a great temperament, he doesn't whine or bark and is content to lay around the yard, until I start loading dogs up then he gets energized. 

I'm so proud of this pup and I have learned so much from having him here, being able to get him on a training program. This pup looks older, he is a big dog, but he is still just a baby.  He was whelped on May 15th.